Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Raison d'Être - In Sadness, Silence and Solitude


Genre: Ambient
Country: Sweden
Year: 1997
Label: Cold Meat Industry

1. Reflecting In Shadows
2. In Absence of Light
3. The Well of Sadness
4. Deep Enshrouded
5. Falling Twilight
6. Passing Inner Shield

With the seemingly overwhelming response to "The Empty Hollow Unfolds", which by the way, is also an incredible album, I figured that I might try to open those faithful listeners to Mr. Andersson's other works. While most people think of the aforementioned album, when I think of Raison d'Être, "In Sadness, Silence and Solitude" is the first album that comes to mind. I may be able to blame that on the fact that this is the first album that I ever heard from the Ambient master, but aside from that, this album is absolutely glorious. With deep cavernous drones as well as the signature Raison d'Être style chants incorporated with ethereal synth passages, this album will forever be held close to my heart due to it's ability to transport me to worlds unknown. Hopefully it does the same for you! Enjoy!

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment