Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Funeral Mourning - Drown In Solitude

Genre: Funeral Doom Metal
Country: Australia
Year: 2006
Label: GotowaRex

1. Winds of Unknown Existence
2. Drown In Solitude
3. Your Waters
4. Sounds of A Dreary Sea
5. Misery Cloaked Under Decayed Flesh

Holy nostalgia! For me, this was one of the first Funeral Doom albums that I ever heard, and it has stuck with me ever since. This is actually one of the few albums that truly depresses me, but in a very enjoyable, fulfilling manner, if that makes any sense. It depresses me in an enjoyable way due to the fact that this album does to me what this genre truly means to do. With the muddy production and overwhelming atmosphere, this one is a real downer. Though it takes some time, if you really sit down with this one and fully immerse yourself, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. Enjoy this one!

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment